Monday 8 March 2010

Sisha....Tropical Island....Bangkok

This post has eventually been penned....my trip east in Thailand.

an amazing place and country and it was genuinely the trip of a life-time for me i loved everyday over there and wish i could go back again but I know i more than likely wont be able to due to flight costs etc...
I loved the country and immersed myself into the culture, Learning basic Thai words and also sampling local foods etc, For instance I ate of street stalls and you could get a full meal for around 40 Thai baht which is less than a quid and tasted fantastic as well as no grease and they
used fresh ingredients...
Our first place where we stopped was Pattaya city, which is what i would class as Blackpool of Thailand...However there was a lot of street stalls etc.
the city is famous for its go-go bars which are strip clubs/brothels and the one thing that shocked me while out there is how open the prostitution is out there...
anyway after sun-bathing i normally went exploring going up side streets getting street food and going for a nice cold drink while watching the world go by.....
The city is famous for walking street which is like a strip of shops/bars/restaurants and the place really came to life at night like most of the city's of Thailand..however the thing that really got me was seeing 60 year old fat westerners with 17/18 year old girls it just shows what people will do for money.....
While in Pattaya we headed to the sanctuary of truth which really amazed me the building was made out of wood all hand made.....no nails, The pictures speak for themselves...



After Pattaya we headed to Jomtien which is just down the road and is a quieter part of the city and is where my nan and grandad live when they go out there, Very nice place however not as busy as Pattaya.
While we where here we went to the tiger farm which was a experience since I got to hold tiger cubs stroke tigers,elephants etc however during two out of the three shows we watched they didn't seem to care for animal rights and how they where treated and made me feel quite upset really.


here is yours truly feeding a little tiger cub and really made my day and i loved the experience....



also here are the cubs themselves...I wanted to try and get them through customs I loved them!



after Jomtien we drove to Bangkok and caught a flight to the beautiful tropical island of Koh Samoui....This place took my breath away.
I loved it and just wish we spent more time there and time spent traveling the island however due to my grandad breaking his ankle after coming off his scooter that was out of the question however at night i ended up exploring the town we where stopping in and walking down the beach etc...and ended up having one of the most bizarre nights of my life.
Ended up going into a bar and playing pool with a Thai bird and she asked if I wanted to buy her a drink...Ended up saying yeah if you win me at pool..she hammed me didn't she, I'm a man of my word and got her a drink then left.
Ended up in a sisha bar and I'm sure there was more in it since i was stoned afterwords anyway....Ended up playing pool on a round pool table and going into a toilet that looked like the tardis of Dr.Who..stoned? of course!
oh and a Thai lass came and sat next to me and saying " i go dancing alone" i politely say ok and make basic conversation then she puts her hand on my lap and go "no...I go dancing alone in Bangkok" yet again i polity said ok and then asked for the bill and left for the night...bizarre night of course!
And I went jet-skiing while there and bloody loved it ended up doing it twice...
Loved the island and one day i will go back.

our hotel swimming pool....was paradise....



the beach...pure paradise....







after the island vist we ended up going back to Bangkok and spent a few nights in the capital city i have more pictures of it on my other camera and will upload them at a later date, The pictures I do have are of lizards that just ran through Lumpini Park and was quite surprised by them really...
While in bangkok we took in the markets, Went to Chattachuck market and got the sky train there this was like a Bizzare and was a massive place, We also went to Koh sam road which is a famous back packers street...and also took in the Pattpong the night market and red light district of Bangkok and got offered to go to a ping pong show....Which reminded me of Phonix Nights......



yours truly having a pint in Bangkok......




It really was the trip of a life time and would love to go back one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment