Sunday 28 March 2010

Nostalgia ....

I may be only 18 years old but I thought came into my head as I was reading a section of " Modern football is rubbish" by Nick Davidson & Shaun Hunt. The section is about Football Sticker albums and more to the point Pannini sticker albums.
The football albums I grew up with is "Merlin" and there was the premier league ones since it had just been formed ( according to sky football has only been around since 1992 but that's another story.
The first sticker album I got was Merlin Premier League 1995-6 I would have been 6 years old and when I got older my gran would send me to Jeans shop on the estate to pick up the Radio Times and as a treat I would get a pound. I would get a packet of stickers and could not wait to see what I got it was it one of the illusive foil badges or swaps?
As a young Tics fan I would have loved to have seen my team in the books...However that would come later on in what is the new " football card" craze.
Times gone by that wont be replaced, Sitting on my bed with my sticker album in the terrace house on Skull House Lane...Innocent times.
Great memories..




No comments:

Post a Comment