Wednesday 27 January 2010

Springfield Park

Springfield Park was the stadium for Wigan athletic, the ground saw football there for 102years in various forms with football teams calling it home included:

Wigan County, Wigan United, Wigan Town, and Wigan Borough


The ground was also used for horse trotting, cycling and athletics.

Wigan Athletic called it there home when they formed in 1932 and many a young fan did a lot of growing up on the terraces of Springfield park ( Including my old man.)


Here is some pictures of that old stadium where many a working class lad visited on a sat afternoon to watch the football.


Rest in peace.









And I guess you could say i did my growing up in a more sterile atmosphere,






But im still glad that I was braught up to follow my local team.

No comments:

Post a Comment