Wednesday 10 February 2010

Was there any point?




We played them bastards from the potteries last night, and I thought we played fantastic in the first half it was a completely diff rent team to what I saw at Notts County,Blackburn Rovers and we just built on what was a reasonable performance at the Stadium of Light.
We got stuck in we wanted the ball,We fought for it and eventually Sharner got a decent shot on goal and it was 1-0 up.
We defended and despite a few "oh shit" moments we did OK and I thought we came into the second half alright, However around 15-20 minutes before full time Stoke scored.And the away fans went "barmy" charging over acting big etc...anyway.

We just lost it something just seemed to be lost.
We had a decent shot that nearly went in towards the end and seemed to be a resurgence and one final push when the 4 minutes of extra time where added on.
I thought we played OK and did not deserve the boo's from the resident Muppet's of the east stand. It would take me a lot to boo my team and even after dire performances I did not boo, Why boo when you have paid the money to get in? Will these people be around when it gets tough like it used to? Judgement will be reserved.
It was the last game I could take in before flying out to Thailand ( tomorrow, Getting the pre-jolly feeling!) I will however be missing the big game of the season...Bolton at home.
Will be watching it in a bar drinking tiger beer and eating fresh Thai food but I would still prefer to be on the terraces even if I feel the game is going down hill and more rapid, However that is another post for another day.
I feel if we cant keep constant performances and also get 3 points in from the games where we can get the, We will have a relegation battle on our hands this season could be that season where we go down.




Wigan: Kirkland,Cadwell,Scharner,Scotland,N'Zobia,Boyce,Bramble(C),Rodallega,McCarthy,Diame,Figueroa.

Subs: Stojkovic,Moses,Gomez,Sinclair,Moreno,Melchiot,Thomas.







No comments:

Post a Comment