Monday 16 November 2009

Music.

For me, Music is a big part of my life, I play the drums have been doing for around 9 years and my musical tastes range from jazz to death metal to dubstep.

The music I grew up with was Pink Floyd,The Jam,The The,The Smiths etc all thanks to my old man and his mate ( Who has been very big in musical influance for me)
From this I started listening to metal music where I went through a phase of listening to it ( and I am still in that phase..) But after a few years of listening to Slipknot and Slayer I branched out into mroe musical and back to where I started listening to.

I got into The Stone Roses,Oasis etc and then started listening to Electronic-Deathmetal music fom bands such as Enter Shikari.
From Music i got into fim ( Which will be a seperate blog post alltogether) and for me music is part of who I am.

Top Five Albums ( My personal one..)

One.
Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The moon, amazing alubum with various insperations from and also some of the best songs of all time in my opinion from the money inspiring intro and THAT bass line to the lyrics which to me seemed to come true for the bands future - Brain Damage.

Two.
Metallica - Master Of Puppets, Containing such strong and passionate lyrical contenet and also thrashing guitar solos and drums..amazing album.

three
Lou Reed - Transfomer, For its time this album sounded completly diffrent to the music that was around then containg all sorts of music and lyrics a good listen to.

Three
There debut album which I see as one of the best bands of the " madchester" scene...Ian Browns Nonchalant vocals with Renis simple yet effective drum beats. From I Wanna Be Aorded to I Am The Resurrection, The album itself is just fantastic to listen to from beginning to end.

Four A " best of album" - The Smiths - The Sound Of The Smiths.
A two disk album which includes songs from Hand In Glove to The Headmaster Ritual also contains songs live such as Handsome Devil ( Live At Manchester Hacienda)
A great CD to listen to IMO.

Five
And finally at number five its Morissey You Are The Quarry. With songs with patriotic lyrics ( for me anyway- they may not ment to be from the song Irish Blood,English Heart to First Of The Gang To Die.


There you have it a wall full of text about my growing up of music and also my musical taste.

Grim

No comments:

Post a Comment