Sunday 6 February 2011

Live at the Herald...

















Went to my first gig of 2011, A small pub located in a back street in the seaside town of Southport, Not a stones throw away from the famous Lord Street.

Went there for a acoustic indie night which includes in my opinion a up and coming singer/songwriter from Manchester, Danny Mahon who I have seen quite a bit over the last year or so....He is due to release his debut album in early spring this year however, He has Beat Me Up over on Itunes for as little as 1.39 a bargain to be had, Anyway on to the acoustic night...

Got there early and parked up at the front where there where tables with candles and all that, Settled down with a coke ( Was driving you see.) and listened to the first support band who I did not know what to think off at the time, However towards the end of there set they did grow on me and seemed to be catchy...

The second where what I would call a Duo, Who seemed to be on just for a laugh, However one song I liked was about Thrush...What does that say?

Anyway, Chairs removed, Candles out and all that bollocks, Danny came on stage, And played a variety of old and new songs which I presume will be on his album and also a song about a certain music critic I think is the job title....

Decent little crowd turned up all had a good dance and a sing song, And by the looks of things a good swill was had.


Here are a few pictures from the night, One of the first band and the second, Danny Mahon.



















No comments:

Post a Comment