Sunday 7 November 2010

We are not wanted...

You know that feeling? Where you feel you have over stayed your welcome? Well the average working class match day fan must be feeling that and has done for years, But something I noticed on the Arsenal v Newcastle match was the "Corporate" sponsoring going on during the game, And a source closer to home, Wigan Athletic the players for years have always acknowledged our support, For the Blackburn game they didn't think its a case of that's my 90 minutes played, Will go get my pay check, Fuck Wigan Athletic FC and their fans, I want my money is the mentality  that that showed in my opinion.

For years the likes of De Vos, Liddell etc all showed their supported to us, Maybe its the signs off modern football and its players have been creeping in through the back door at my club? Or is it a case of we are not wanted the fan who likes a beer, banter and that "edginess" off going to away games...Who knows? Time will tell  and from what it looks like, Wigan Athletic FC will need us more than ever in the near future.

3 comments:

  1. Can't say as I agree entirely mate. I thought we played really well at Blackburn. Yeah so the players didn't show a great deal of appreciation to us at the end, but they were clearly disappointed at the result, whereby the lost when they should have won. Comfortably too.
    I do think most of the players appreciate the fans and make the effort to acknowledge them. Trouble is, like with a lot of clubs, we have a lot of foreign players who perhaps don't understand that the fans are the lifeblood of football in England. In needs drilling in to those players, but it is the minority, for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can agree with you there, I was not in attendence at that match so took on board what a lot off my mates said about the players, I just feel sometimes the fans at WAFC are not appreciated a la Uncle Dave's rants, Maybe that will drive more away than actually bring some in? Who knows....I feel the club will need us all together very soon, Thanks for commenting and have to say I do agree with some off your points Stuart.

    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I see what you mean. At home the players seem to make a real point of clapping all three stands before they go off (providing we've not lost heavily of course!) Ronnie Stam almost had to be dragged off the pitch yesterday!! I think the players know we've got a good core support that appreciate what they do and the effort they put in. Away from home they don't seem to appreciate it as much though.

    ReplyDelete