Friday 24 September 2010

Sub-Culture of the day

















I'm a person just like you
But I've got better things to do
Than sit around and fuck my head
Hang out with the living dead
Snort white shit up my nose
Pass out at the shows
I don't even think about speed
That's something I just don't need

I've got the straight edge


A whole American subculture came to birth around them lyrics, Straight Edge is a culture where young Americans rebel in a way which is not the normal - They don't drink,Smoke or take drugs some even take it that step further by not having caffeine.
There music is hardcore punk - Aggressive music.


Some people see them as a pro-militant group with gang like tendencies however they are a underground culture, A movement.


Most people make the Straight Edge oath for life - They sustain from cigarettes, Alcohol,non-casual sex for life...They are dedicated to there "cause".


I found out about this lifestyle choice by one of my favourite bands - Rise Against who's songs I relate to and listen to daily.




They have a symbole, The "X" this came around when young american teens had a X written on there wrists to identify them as not being legal to drink, The sub-culture took this up and made it into there own, People get tattoos off it and wear clothing to identify themselves within the sub-culture, They promote a clean life, A positive one.
Drug Free tattoo, Symbolising the "positive outlook" of the culture.
















The X symbol.

No comments:

Post a Comment