Wednesday 3 August 2011

Pre Season: Marine FC away

Found out as I got home last night that a Wigan Athletic XI where playing down the M58 in Crosby, So within half a hour four of us set off down the motorway to see a new ground have a drink ( one larger shandy for me) and stand on a terrace while watching the talent that could come out of our club in the next few years.


After a quick swift one in a Thwaites pub just near the ground, We paid our entrance fee and made our way to the terrace where the few traveling latics fans where.Wigan started off well and although I could not tell who was who due to not recognize anyone, We had people who where quick down the wing and making it hard  for the Marine squad, Danny Redmond had a fantastic long rage effort early on in the game & Wigan athletic took the lead with a Joe Fowler header 35 minutes into the game. The game was quite fast paced through the first half and Latics held on to there 1-0 lead going into the break.
I don't normally go into detail about half time however during this game there where two acceptions. One was the fact i had a chippy tea which was swimming in the worse gravy I have ever tasted and then it all came back up during the second half, However while heading back over to the terrace, Someone pulled me to one side and asked " you right the Wigan website don't you?" Then it hit me, This very blog. He made some great comments about it and told me to keep it up and also that I look younger than on pictures on here...Maybe this will follow me on into further adulthood, Turns out he is a palace fan who moved up to Aintree, Very smart dressed as well, Thanks for the comments it is appreciated!


Into the second half latics kept there lead and slowly increased there attacking, While marine had a good couple of shots which I applauded.


Towards the end of the game, Latics managed to "roll" the ball accross the goal mouth for Rakish Bingham to do a text book finish into the net.




Attendence: 221


























































No comments:

Post a Comment